The seasoning can't be any easier too, a drizzling of oil, a rub of paprika, seasalt and black pepper on the chicken.
As for the vegetables, it was just garlic and salt.
Put everything into the oven and 40 minutes later, dinner is served.
Oh, and do roll out a piece of aluminum foil before u dump your ingredients on your sheet pan. Because one less dish to wash is always welcomed.
One Sheet Pan Dinner (serves 1)
- One bone in, chicken thigh with skin
- 2 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- French beans
- black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Preheat oven to 200 Degree Celcius.
- Season chicken with salt, paprika and black pepper
- While the oven is heating, place a skillet (I am using a cast iron) over your stove with a thin film of oil. When the skillet is heated, gently lower the chicken skin side down and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Once the skin has turned a beautiful golden brown, flip the chicken and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes. Lift up chicken and set aside
- Put minced garlic into about 2 tbs of oil. Set aside
- Wash potatoes and carrot and cut into cubes. Drizzle garlic oil over the vegetables and work it in with your fingers.
- Place potatoes and carrot onto the aluminum lined baking sheet, and time oven for 40 minutes. *Note: do not put the french beans in just yet. Check every 10 minutes and give the vegetables a good toss to get even browning
- At the 20th minute mark, place the french beans AND the browned chicken in the oven. Continue baking. *My chicken was done after 20 minutes in the oven. If your chicken is bigger, it may take a longer time.